Remember this beauty that I found last summer?
Working on this French settee was my first attempt at reupholstering anything. It was a beast of a project. But, after all of the labor, it turned out like this
It found a new home in a little girl’s French-themed nursery. How perfect.
Well, after 6 months of recovering, I am ready to make my second attempt at upholstery. I have been stalking this certain chair at my local thrift store for about 3 weeks now, waiting for it to go on sale. I’m not quite sure why, by my local store seems to charge sky high prices for their used furniture, no matter the condition.
I tried to buy the chair last week using a coupon I had for 20% off to combine with the store sale of 30% off, but they wouldn’t let me use my coupon. So I sat it back by the window, and thought it wasn’t meant to be. Until yesterday, on my way to take my kids to the dentist, I saw the sign “Entire Store 50% off!” I crossed over two lanes of traffic to make a last minute turn into the store, hoping it was still there . . . and it was. So, at last, I was able to take it home!
I’m excited about it because like the French Settee, this chair will require very little, if any, sewing. That’s good for me, because I can’t sew. I have tried to learn many, many times, and it’s just not in my wheelhouse. But I can pull fabric, and staple it, so this chair will work for me. I did see two seams on the back that may require enlisting the help of a friend, but I think I can manage that.
The wood has some amazing carved detail that is going to look awesome painted.
I’m thinking some sort of gray/white for the wood frame, a solid-color front, and patterned back fabric.
Like maybe some ticking.
or a chevron
or even a whimsical floral
Hmm, that ticking and floral actually look pretty good together . . .
It’s gonna take me awhile, so don’t be looking for the reveal any time soon. Maybe in time for the coming of Spring I can have it ready–it seems like a spring chair to me.
Linking up to: